Home   Sport   Article

Hampshire FA Senior Cup – wins for AFC Totton and Blackfield & Langley, while New Milton Town and Hythe & Dibden lose

More news, no ads


FOUR local sides contested the midweek Hampshire FA Senior Cup Second Round on Tuesday, with AFC Totton and Blackfield & Langley progressing into the next round.

On the other hand, New Milton Town and Hythe & Dibden's involvement ended with respective defeats to AFC Portchester and Andover Town.

AFC Totton returned to winning ways thanks primarily to Brett Williams, who blasted a first-half hat-trick before adding a fourth to help seal a 4-1 victory over Alresford Town at Arlebury Park.

AFC Totton's Brett Williams blasted four goals past Alresford Town (photo: Les Chase)
AFC Totton's Brett Williams blasted four goals past Alresford Town (photo: Les Chase)

The Stags started brightly, and a breakaway resulted in player-of-the-match Williams powering a header home. He soon added a second for the visitors by winning and converting a penalty.

However, Williams saved his best for the hat-trick goal. A long ball to over the top caught the keeper off his line, and Williams punished him with a half-volleyed finish to complete a remarkable triple in the 44th minute.

At the start of the second half, Alresford countered, and Winser capitalised, nodding in at a corner to make it 3-1.

Totton added some gloss when a Jordan Raguette long-distance effort rebounded off the keeper and into the path of Williams, who tucked home his fourth.

Blackfield & Langley fielded a changed side for their clash with Newport (IOW), but they cruised to a reasonably comfortable 2-0 victory.

The excellent keeping of Amad Skrzyniarz extinguished any rare moments of danger from Newport as the club recorded their first clean sheet of the season at the 13th attempt.

The Watersiders made a perfect just inside a quarter of an hour when Chia Khider scored with a sublime strike that flew into the goal with venomous velocity.

With the match drawing to an end and everything to play for, the host's top-scorer, on-loan Rafa Ramos, was substituted on, and it did not take him long to maintain his goal-a-game record with a tidy finish with 10 minutes left.

New Milton Town's involvement in his year's cup ended with a 3-1 loss which flattered premier division side AFC Portchester.

For most of the game at The OnSite Group Stadium, division one Linnets held their own, with Tyrell Sampson cancelling the hosts' third-minute opener by scoring his third goal in two games after a jinking run into the box before rounding the keeper and finishing calmly.

New Milton piled on the pressure and looked likely to score on many occasions. However, Portchester scored twice in the 67th and 95th minute to seal cup progression.

Hythe & Dibden may have come into the match hoping to resurrect their season with a cup run, but Andover Town quashed that idea with a three-goal win at The Portway Stadium.

With 15 minutes gone, Hythe gifted Andover's Josh Bertie a goal from 12 yards after a trip in the area. Bertie added a second 10 minutes later, and with 75 minutes gone, Tom Pattison tapped in a cross after a decent counter-attack.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More