Daniel O’Malley-Keyes sentenced to life in prison for murdering Sharon Perrett

Daniel O'Malley-Keyes
Daniel O’Malley-Keyes was jailed for life for the murder of Sharon Perrett

A FORMER crack addict who beat his girlfriend to death just a few weeks after sending her a text saying: “I will kill you one day” has been found guilty of murder and sentenced to life in prison.


Daniel O’Malley-Keyes attacked Sharon Perrett so violently she was left with 15 fractured ribs, a fracture to her neck and 82 bruises all over her body.

He was handed a minimum term of 18 years before he can be considered for parole.

Prosecutor James Newton-Price QC told a jury at Winchester Crown Court that Sharon (37) had been “literally beaten to death”.

Today (Thursday) the unemployed labourer was convicted of killing Sharon in a frenzied attack during a row at their home in Park Gardens, Somerford last August.

O’Malley-Keyes, of Chestnut Avenue, Bournemouth, had claimed that although he had hit her several times it was Sharon who had inflicted most of the injuries which killed her.

Somerford murder trial
Sharon Perrett’s body was found at Park Gardens, Somerford

But the jury rejected his story that his drunken girlfriend of 18 months had died after bashing her head against the walls in their flat and falling over.

They had spent yesterday afternoon and this morning considering the case before returning to court to deliver a guilty verdict at 12.30pm.

O’Malley-Keyes (38) had pleaded not guilty to one charge of murder and one charge of manslaughter.

The court had heard how Sharon was found lying dead on a bed covered in blood in the early hours of August 26th.

O’Malley-Keyes claimed that a huge bruise across the whole of her chest and the rib fractures had been caused by him giving her CPR in a desperate attempt to save her life.

 Sharon Perrett Daniel O’Malley-Keyes
Sharon Perrett was murdered by her partner Daniel O’Malley-Keyes

He had told the court that he loved Sharon but that they rowed over her behaviour because she was an alcoholic who could often turn abusive.

But friends of hers had told the court how she had told them he was beating her frequently and she feared he would eventually kill her.

The court heard that although the couples’ relationship was volatile and they often fought, they also sent texts pledging their love to each other.

In a message to his family, O’Malley-Keyes admitted he had not been a “model boyfriend”.

The day before the row that led to her murder, he and Sharon had celebrated his birthday with breakfast out and a shopping spree. Less than 48 hours later she was dead.