Home   News   Article

Woman needed emergency treatment at Lepe Country Park after allergic reaction to eating wild mushroom




PEOPLE are being urged to be wary of eating wild mushrooms after a woman had to be treated by paramedics for an allergic reaction near a New Forest beach.

Paramedics rushed to the Lepe Country Park car park, off Lepe Road, in response to a call-out at around 7.20pm yesterday (Wednesday). They were joined by a fire service co-responder from Hythe.

The 22-year-old casualty was treated at the scene, but it is understood she did not need to be taken to hospital.

Paramedics and a fire service co-responder treated the woman at the scene (photo: Hampshire & Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service)
Paramedics and a fire service co-responder treated the woman at the scene (photo: Hampshire & Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service)

A spokesperson for South Central Ambulance Service (SCAS) told the A&T afterwards members of the public should bear in mind advice issued by the Wild Food UK group.

This states: “Never eat any wild mushroom or plant unless you are 100% sure of what it is and that it is edible. Ninety-nine per cent sure is not sure enough.”

The SCAS spokesperson said: “The patient was a 22-year-old female who had apparently eaten a mushroom and had some sort of allergic reaction.

“She was treated at the scene by the fire service co-responder and ambulance crew that we sent.”



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More