Winners revealed in the New Forest Brilliance in Business Awards
NEW Forest companies had their moment in the spotlight last night (Thursday) at the Brilliance in Business awards.
More than 200 people attended the black-tie ceremony at Brockenhurst College where the winners were announced in the annual accolades for local firms.
Overall winner was New Forest Activities, based near Beaulieu, which also took the Totton College Award for Training and Development.
The Honeypot Children's Charity, in Exbury, was the winner of the New Milton Advertiser and Lymington Times (A&T) award for best not-for-profit organisation.
There was also a personal achievement award for hospitality guru Robin Hutson, chief executive of the Lime Wood Hotel, near Lyndhurst, and group of Pig restaurants which began in Brockenhurst.
He won against competition from Anthony Climpson, former chief executive of tourism group Go New Forest, and Aldred Drummond who heads up Fawley Waterside Ltd which is developing the former power station site.
In the audience were business leaders including Rachael Randall, interim chair of the Solent Local Enterprise Partnership, and politicians such as New Forest East MP Julian Lewis and Cllrs Jill Cleary and Rob Humby, leaders of New Forest and Hampshire councils.
Organised by the New Forest Business Partnership, its chair, Matthew Lawson, reminded the audience of the importance of local firms working together to get through tough times.
And the winners are...
- Country Inns Award for Apprentice of the Year: Maria Hajduk – Balmer Lawn Hotel
- Balmer Lawn Hotel Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Visitor Economy: Woodland h at Hoburne Bashley
- Escape Yachting Award for Marine and Maritime: BHG Marine
- Get Set Solent Award for Growth: Healthy Pet Store
- Hampshire County Council Award for Contribution to the New Forest Community: The Stag Hotel, Lyndhurst
- HSBC UK Award for Entrepreneur of the Year: Sana Stephens – Timber
- Forest Foot and Health Clinic Award for Health and Wellbeing: Shorefield Holidays
- Colva.tech Award for Outstanding Customer Care: Pylewell Park
- New Forest District Council Award for Best New Forest Microbusiness: Naked Jam
- New Forest Enterprise Centre Award for Best New Business: Forecourt E
- New Forest Marque Award for Food and Drink: Sway Butchers
- New Forest National Park Authority Award for Sustainable Business of the Year: Cottage Lodge Hotel
- A&T Award for Best New Forest Charity / Social Enterprise / Community Interest Company: The Honeypot Children's Charity
- Scott Bailey Award for Professional Services: Fordingbridge Print
- Solent University Award for Innovation: HP Music
- Southampton Business School Award for Young Person in Business: Tyler Hole – Multi-Signs
- Totton College Award for Training and Development: New Forest Activities
- Simpson Hilder Associates Award for Personal Achievement: Robin Hutson