Home   News   Article

Accused teens told 15-year-old 'we've killed this guy' after leaving Edward Reeve's home, court hears

More news, no ads


A FIFTEEN-year-old girl said two teenage boys boasted to her and two friends about how they had “just killed this guy” shortly after they left the Walkford home of Edward Reeve.

Giving evidence to Winchester Crown Court in a pre-recorded interview, the girl said: "They said ‘we’ve just killed this guy’.

“They both said it at the same time ‘we just stabbed this guy, yeah, he was crawling out to his garden and apparently he crawled back into his house'.

Police cordon at Heath Road
Police cordon at Heath Road

“They were both really excited about it, it was almost like they were proud of themselves.”

The girl said she had gone to Mr Reeve’s home on New Year's Eve with the defendants and two female friends.

But the girls decided to leave because the youths had told them he was a “paedophile who wanted to sleep with younger girls” and they felt “uncomfortable".

She said that shortly afterwards, the defendants, from Christchurch and Bournemouth, met up with the girls at Walkford Stores where they started telling them what they had done to Mr Reeve.

She said: “I do remember one of them saying they’d slashed his face.

"They said [Christchurch accused] had hit Mr Reeve first, in the back of the neck.

“Then [Bournemouth accused] had stabbed him in the ribs three times.”

Asked by a police officer if the defendants, who were 16 at the time, had told her why they had stabbed him, she said: “They didn’t have a reason.”

The girl said the Christchurch teen had then showed her a pink kitchen knife, and the Bournemouth defendant had also displayed a knife he had in a bag.

She said the group ended up at Mr Reeve’s home in Heath Road after the Christchurch teen received a call from him.

She said: “He got a call from this guy who he referred to as ‘Ed’, he was like 'come round', he either said something about having weed or having coke.”

Edward Reeve
Edward Reeve

Inside Mr Reeve’s home she said the victim was “was just talking about drugs”.

She said the group all went upstairs adding: “I remember he (Mr Reeve) walked in, I remember he had a hole in his sock and [the Christchurch accused] was getting really aggravated.”

The girl said Mr Reeve was asking the two defendants if they had any drugs on them.

She told the jury that at one stage the two teens started punching holes in the room and Mr Reeve was “screaming” at them to stop.

The girl said the defendants were “both drunk and looking for violence”.

She said it was shortly afterwards that her and her friends decided to leave. She said after meeting up with the boys later at the shop they all made their way to the railway station.

She told the court that during the walk the Bournemouth teen gave one of the girls a knife, adding: “We didn’t want that on us, it's scary, we were panicking.”

The girl said they all made their way to a party but she and her friends did not go in and tried to give the knife back to the teens.

She said eventually they both came out and the Christchurch teen asked: “Yo have you got the shank?” and the girl gave it to him.

The girl said she later had a sleepover with her two friends but said: “It was kind of traumatising, scary that we were with people that would have that.”

Both defendants are charged with murder, which they deny, and of possessing a blade. The Christchurch teen admits having a knife and claims to have stabbed Mr Reeve once in self-defence.

The trial continues.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More