Travel Club: Experience Puccini Opera Festival in the heart of Tuscany
TORRE DEL LAGO, in the heart of Tuscany, is the magnificent setting for the 66th Puccini Opera Festival.
you will be based in the charming Renaissance walled town of Lucca, the birthplace of Puccini.A&T Travel ClubOn this four-night, small group tour available through the
4 nights/5 days 16th-20th July 2020From £2,179 per person
READERS OFFER EXCLUSIVE COMPLIMENTARY RETURN TAXI TRANSFER TO LONDON GATWICK*
Enjoy two of the maestro’s popular operas, performed in the stunning outdoor theatre. From your 1st sector seating, sit back and experience Tosca and Turandot. As well as comprehensive sightseeing to key venues associated with Giacomo Puccini you will travel to nearby points of interest within the vicinity of Lucca.
You will experience traditional Tuscan cuisine, hospitality and ambiance when dining in wonderful local trattorias.
Our excellent hotel, the four-star Hotel Ilaria is located inside the ancient walls of Lucca and within easy walking distance of churches, piazzas and museums, as well as a wide choice of pavement cafes, shops, and restaurants.
Our special guest Adrian Mourby, winner of the 2007 Puccini Award and a prolific opera essayist, will accompany guests. During the tour he will provide insights into the life and works of Puccini.
An experienced local guide will be on-hand to offer further information on this beautiful area of Italy.
Places are limited to only 20 guests, so book now to avoid disappointment.
- Return flights from London Gatwick to Pisa
- Four nights’ accommodation in the four-star Hotel Ilaria
- Daily breakfast, three lunches and four evening meals
- Two Puccini Opera Festival performances at Torre del Lago open-air theatre
- A comprehensive selection of excursions
- Overseas transportation with English-speaking tour guide
- Services of our guest speaker Adrian Mourby
- First sector seats for Puccini Opera Festival Tosca and Turandot Opera performances
- A scenic boat trip on Massaciuccoli Lake, including a buffet dinner on-board
- Guided tours of Lucca including the Cathedral San Martino, the church of San Giovanni and Puccini’s birth house
- Visit the stunning gardens of Villa Reale
- Enjoy a meal in scenic Celle Puccini and visit the Puccini Museum
- An evening concert in the Church of San Giovanni
- Visit to the Villa Puccini at Torre del Lago
- Visit to the Art Nouveau seaside resort of Viareggio
- Exclusive insights from Puccini expert Adrian Mourby
Introducing Adrian Mourby: Award-winning journalist and opera producer, Adrian Mourby will accompany this tour. Adrian worked for the BBC as a producer for 12 years before becoming turning to writing full time, he was also the international correspondent for Opera Now Magazine.
- 16th July 2020 London Gatwick (N) – Pisa 12:25/15:40
- 20th July 2020 Pisa – London Gatwick (N) 16:10/17:25