Travel Club: Discover flora and fauna on the Isles of Scilly
Escorted Group Tour with special guest Will Wagstaff
5 nights in 2020: 24 April, 15, 22 May or 18, 25 September
From £1,499 per person
The Isles of Scilly is this week's Travel Club destination - and for good reason. It has received some serious attention from people in search of that step back in time feeling and the special magic of childhood holidays.
Just five of these islands are inhabited and 1,800 of the 2,200 residents live on the largest: St Mary’s. On this island, there are just nine miles of road but over 30 miles of walking and cycling trails. Choose between Spring or Autumn departures.
Due to their unique geographical position just off the coast of Cornwall, there is an abundance of flora and fauna just waiting to be discovered — often not seen anywhere else on the UK mainland.
There are approximately 453 species of seabirds, waders and migrants which can be spotted throughout the year, including the Oystercatcher, Night Heron, Manx Shearwater and the Redstart.
Spring is a particularly good time to see birds in song displaying their brightly coloured breeding plumage, and April also sees the arrival of breeding Puffins.
Autumn on Scilly is a great time to look for wildlife as the islands are famous for the variety of migrant birds that visit the islands at this time of year.
If the weather is from the west there is a chance of some American species, if from the east they could originate from Scandinavia.
During these tours, we stay on and explore St Mary’s, visit the islands of Tresco, Bryher and St Martin’s, and take a boat trip to the uninhabited Eastern Isles to catch sightings of the Atlantic grey seals.
The tour will be escorted by Will Wagstaff, the islands’ resident ornithologist and naturalist, who has been leading tours for over 25 years.
Isles of Scilly: What’s Included?
- Return ferry on board the Scillonian III from Penzance
- 5 nights’ accommodation in the St Marys Hall Hotel
- Daily breakfast and evening meal
- All excursions and entrance fees
- All overseas transport with English speaking guide
- Services of a Prestige Holidays Tour Manager
- Expertise of special guest Will Wagstaff
- Visit to Tresco and entrance to the stunning Abbey Gardens
- Full day excursion to the island of Bryher
- An afternoon visit to the St Martins to see some of the finest beaches in the world
- Eastern Isles Boat Trip to look for the colonies of Grey Seals
- Sea Bird Special Boat Excursion to see the bird colonies
Prestige Holidays booking conditions apply. Price is based on double/twin occupancy. Singles are on request at a supplement of £250 – subject to availability.
FREE ISLES OF SCILLY TRAVEL GUIDE – Book by 29th February 2020