Home   News   Article

Pensioner who died after house fire in Purewell, Christchurch, named as Jean Dawe




AN elderly woman who died after being rescued from a blaze at her Christchurch home earlier this year has been named as Jean Dawe.

She passed away in hospital on 9th March, the day after a member of the public was understood to have pulled her from the burning terraced property in Purewell.

A Bournemouth Coroner’s officer confirmed her death had been reported to the office but said no inquest would be held as it was “deemed to be natural”.

Firefighters at the scene of the blaze (photo: Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service)
Firefighters at the scene of the blaze (photo: Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service)

As reported in the A&T, Ms Dawe was rescued before firefighters arrived to tackle flames engulfing her living room shortly before 1pm on 8th March.

A spokesperson for Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service said at the time it was believed the blaze had started accidentally.



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More