Home   News   Article

Explosion during renovation works at home in School Road, Eling, leaves casualty with burns



More news, no ads

LEARN MORE


ONE person was hospitalised following an explosion at a Totton home during renovation work yesterday (Monday) afternoon.

Three windows blew out and a wall was damaged in the blast around 4pm at a semi-detached house in School Road, Eling.

Firefighters from Beaulieu, Redbridge, St Mary’s and Eastleigh responded and used gas monitors and breathing apparatus as they ensured the flames were out.

Beaulieu was among the fire crews which responded
Beaulieu was among the fire crews which responded

The casualty, believed to have been male, was assessed and treated at the scene by paramedic crews including a hazardous area response team before being taken to Southampton General Hospital.

A South Central Ambulance Service spokesperson said they had suffered “non-life-threatening burns”.

The explosion was thought to have been caused by a heat gun being used after an adhesive had been sprayed while work was being carried out in the property’s bathroom.

A Hampshire & Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “An explosion at a property in Totton saw one casualty treated and taken onto hospital by South Central Ambulance Service paramedics.

“Three windows were blown out and a wall damaged in the blast caused by renovation work in the bathroom of a semi-detached house on School Road in Eling.

“A heat gun was used after an adhesive had been sprayed, leading to the explosion which Redbridge, St Mary’s, Eastleigh and Beaulieu firefighters were called to at 4pm yesterday afternoon, 4th October.”

The fire crews remained at the scene delivering community safety leaflets to neighbouring homes until around 5.30pm.



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More