Home   News   Article

Fire crews tackle blaze which guts Fritham stable block




FIREFIGHTERS battled a blaze which tore through a New Forest stable block yesterday (Wednesday) evening.

The alarm was raised around 6pm, with multiple 999 calls reporting flames were engulfing the building in Fritham. No animals were harmed.

The stable block was destroyed (Photo: Hampshire & Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service)
The stable block was destroyed (Photo: Hampshire & Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service)

Crews from Burley, Totton, Fordingbridge, Eastleigh and Redbridge spent over two hours containing the emergency, by which time the block had been completely destroyed.

A Hampshire & Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said afterwards: “No animals were affected by the fire which destroyed the wooden building.”

No details were available as to what might have caused the incident, but the spokesperson said it was not being investigated.



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More