Home   News   Article

Fire hits flat above Lymington Domino’s





A fire broke out in a flat above Domino’s takeaway in Lymington in the early hours today (Monday), with three people inside the building at the time.

A spokesperson from Hampshire & Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service said a faulty fan heater caused the blaze above the pizza restaurant in St Thomas Street.

The blaze started around 4am and fire crews were on the scene a short while after responding to a 999 call.

Fire damage in the flat above Lymington Domino's (picture: Jason Ludlow/jasonludlow.com
Fire damage in the flat above Lymington Domino's (picture: Jason Ludlow/jasonludlow.com
Fire crews on the scene at Domino’s in Lymington (picture: Jason Ludlow/jasonludlow.com)
Fire crews on the scene at Domino’s in Lymington (picture: Jason Ludlow/jasonludlow.com)

The spokesman said crews from Lymington, Brockenhurst and New Milton tackled the blaze.

The three people who had been in the flat at the time of the fire had escaped the blaze and were found “safe” standing near the takeaway.

Fire crews used breathing apparatus to extinguish the fire before leaving the restaurant around three hours later.



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More