Home   News   Article

Charity the winner between Ballard and New Forest

More news, no ads


New Forest Hockey and Ballard Beavers raised £300 for charity
New Forest Hockey and Ballard Beavers raised £300 for charity

ON a clear bright morning where some fantastic hockey was played charity was the winner as Ballard Beavers and the New Forest Development team played out a 3-3 draw.

The two chosen charities were C-R-Y (Cardiac Risk in the Young) and the Samantha and Florence Bailey Bursary. Thanks to the huge crowd and a large number of players £300 was raised.

With lots of family contest all over the field, a competitive game was always going to be on the cards.

New Forest penned the more experienced Ballard side back in the early stages of the game and a quick turnover of play saw Ballard break away with the oldest player on the field getting a far post tap-in to make the score 1-0.

New Forest continued to run at the Ballard team, but with a copy of the first goal, Ballard were two up.

As the half was coming to the end, New Forest managed to pull one back. With everyone working hard, New Forest won a penalty. The Forest player stepped up looking very nervous and with Ballard having a cat-like keeper, the initial shot was saved but the rebound was smashed into the roof making the score 2-2 at the break.

A nervier second half ensued with lots of mistakes and misplaced passes. One of the young New Forest players took the game by the scruff of its neck and started to take control of the midfield. Forest went on to create lots of opportunities even hitting the crossbar and post but still a goal would not come.

Ballard picked up a few injuries and before the home side had a chance to reshuffle at the back, one of the lively New Forest players slipped one home just inside the far post.

With only a few minutes left in the game, a hopeful pass was thrown from deep in the Ballard half.

As the ball landed at the top of the D, the New Forest defender misjudged the bounce only to find the Ballard right back running in to slip the ball past the stranded Forest keeper. The ref blew the final whistle right after the restart to end the match at 3-3.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More