Home   News   Article

Garden barbecue causes blaze that spreads to neighbouring home in Garland Way, Totton



More news, no ads

LEARN MORE


FIREFIGHTERS tackled a blaze which spread from a garden barbecue to a neighbouring home in Totton on Tuesday evening.

The alarm was raised around 6.20pm as flames engulfed the roof space and first floor of a property in Garland Way having started from the barbecue before moving to fences and a shed.

Aided by breathing apparatus and an aerial ladder platform, crews from the town, Redbridge and St Mary’s spent just under two hours containing the emergency. They had to strip off roof tiles while damping down the scene.

Roof tiles were stripped off the house
Roof tiles were stripped off the house

The incident prompted Hampshire & Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service to remind people of barbecue safety advice.

This includes setting them up safely on level ground, away from bushes, fences and buildings; and never leaving them unattended.

More advice can be found online at https://bit.ly/3B8D47G



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More