RESIDENTS can dump their old Christmas trees at more than a dozen collection points set up around the New Forest.
The district council has been running special recycling stations since 2nd January which will be open until 12th January for people to dump their trees.
A council spokesperson said: “Recycle your real Christmas trees at our Christmas tree drop-off points. Collected trees will be chipped and used as mulch.
“Please leave trees in the designated areas only. Remove all decorations before taking your tree to a collection point.”
The drop-off points are at:
- Blackfield: Gang Warily community centre car park
- Brockenhurst: Brookley Road car park
- Burley: Village coach park
- Fordingbridge: A338 slip road car park
- Hythe: New Road car park
- Lymington: St Thomas Street car park / Bath Road car park
- Lyndhurst: Village centre car park
- Milford: Hurst Road car park
- New Milton: Crossmead Avenue car park
- Ringwood: The Furlong car park
- Totton: Westfield car park / Rumbridge Street car park
The NFDC spokesperson added: “Over the Christmas and new year holidays we make some changes to household rubbish, recycling and glass collections days, and set up Christmas tree drop-off points where you can recycle your Christmas trees.”
Bin collection days for black and clear rubbish sacks returned to normal today (Monday) after temporary changes during the festive break.