If your organisation or group would like to be listed in our Local Community Information section please email email@example.com with your information
ABUSE OF ELDERLY
- Action on Elder Abuse: 020 8765 7000.
AGE CONCERN CHRISTCHURCH
- Contact: Telephone 01202 488311 (out of hours answer phone) Email via our website
- Local and national information and advice for older people and their carers at 85 Bargates, Christchurch BH23 1QQ. Information office open from 10am to 1pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Minibus with hoist – driver will assist. Regular shopping trips and outings. Available for private hire. Befriending service for isolated lonely people over 65.
- Friendship Centres in Somerford, Mudeford Wood, St Catherine’s Hill and Burton – afternoon clubs meet for a cup of tea and social activities.
AGE CONCERN NEW FOREST
- Advice and information, 10am — 1pm weekdays 023 8084 1199 (out of hours answerphone) or freephone 0800 085 6625
- Lunch clubs, computer clubs, footcare, Befriending, Pop-In and Waterside Goodneighbours, call 023 8084 1199 for full details..
- Worried or concerned about HIV or AIDS? Telephone 01202 311166, 24 hour helpline.
AL-ANON FAMILY GROUPS
- Living with alcoholism can be a lonely life. You need not be alone.
Support groups for family and friends of problem drinkers meet in the evenings in Christchurch (Sunday), Ringwood (Monday), Southampton (Wednesday).
- Please call our helpline 020 7403 0888 (10am – 10pm) or visit www.al-anonuk.org.uk for further information.
ALCOHOL & DRUG RECOVERY SERVICE
- Do you, or someone you care about have a drug or alcohol problem that you would like help with? The New Forest Inclusion service offers accessible recovery for adults in the New Forest.
- No referral needed just come along to one of our sites during Open Access and one of our dedicated team will help you develop a plan to support you to recover.
- We offer groups, acupuncture, medical interventions, counselling and a needle exchange. Call 0300 124 0103.
- There is a way out, please call our helpline freephone 0800 9177 650 (24 hours). We have meetings in Lymington Tuesday, Milford-on-Sea and Brockenhurst Friday, Totton Monday, Marchwood Thursday night and Saturday morning and Romsey Wednesday, plus many meetings in the Southampton area.
- Alzheimer’s Society Chamberlayne Mews, 40 Chamberlayne Road, Eastleigh, Hampshire. SO50 5JH Tel: 023 8061 0159.
- If you are worried or concerned about someone with memory problems or confusion, and you need advice and information, contact our Helpline, number shown above.
A.P.R.I.L. (Action on Pain Resource and Information Library)
- We meet 1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month at Quaker Meeting House, 30 Whitefield Road, New Milton, Hants, BH25 6DF 1pm to 3pm. The 1st Thursday of each month will be a speaker, a discussion or therapeutic craft the 3rd Thursday will be therapeutic art with Bill Savill. Any questions call us on 07756 292091. Web site: www.aprilnewforest.org.uk Email: aprilnewforest@btconnect
ARNEWOOD SCHOOL PARENTS & FRIENDS ASSOCIATION
- Supports the Arnewood School in New Milton and its staff in their efforts to provide the best possible education to our children. We help the school by: Raising funds for non-academic and student projects, events, equipment and materials. Holding social events open to all wishing to support the school. Acting as a community forum and providing useful feedback.
- Contact us through our website www.arnewoodpfa.org or via the Arnewood School
BREATHE EASY CHRISTCHURCH
- As part of the British Lung Foundation, Breathe Easy Christchurch is a support group for people with lung disease. We meet on the fourth Wednesday of each month at the Mudeford Community Centre from 1.30pm – 3.30pm.
- For more information please ring Maureen on 01202 486774 or Carol on 01202 475042.
BRENDON CARE GET TOGETHER CLUB
- We are a friendly social club for older people who meet on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays in the month at 2-4pm in St Mary Magdalene Church Hall, New Milton. Maybe you’ve moved, lost a partner or feel a bit isolated. Come and enjoy tea, friendship and some light-hearted entertainment.
- We also try and provide transport if required. Phone Bernie 01425 638540 or Evelyn 01425 839885.
CAP (Christians Against Poverty)
- Don’t be burdened by debt problems. Receive free help and advice in your own home with total confidentiality and join thousands of other people nationwide who are now debt free following this help and ongoing support 01590 674605 / 0800 3280006.
- Or visit capuk.org
- 9 Love Lane Romsey. For help and information call on tel no: 01794 519495 or out of office hours call 08000 323456.
- Confidential free helpline for children and young people for bullying, abuse, family relationships, neglect, etc. 0800 1111. Service provided by NSPCC, Weston House, Curtain Road, London, EC2A 3NH. www.childline.org.uk
CHRISTCHURCH HEALTH WALKS
- Free short walks (45 minutes to one hour). Fitness, fun and good company. Everyone welcome. For details contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 01425 480811 or visit www.walkingforhealth.org.uk
CITIZENS ADVICE NEW FOREST
- Confidential, impartial, independent and free. Advice telephone line: 03444 111 306. Email: email@example.com Advice online: www.citizensadvice.org.uk
- Website: www.newforestcab.org.uk
- Lymington, Court Mews, 28a New Street, Lymington, Hampshire, SO41 9BQ. Open: Mon to Fri, 10 00am — 4pm. Closed for training 2nd Wed morning each month. Open 1pm — 4pm.
- New Milton, 16 Whitefield Road, New Milton, BH25 6DF. Open Mon to Thurs 10am–2pm
- Hythe, The Grove, 25 St. John’s Street, Hythe, SO45 6BZ. Open: Mon, Tues, Wed and Fri. 10am—2pm.
- Ringwood, 5 Fridays Court, High Street, Ringwood. BH24 1AB. Open: Mon, Tues, Wed and Fri 10am–– 2pm.
- Totton, 91 Junction Road, Totton, SO40 3BU. Open: Mon to Thurs 10am — 2pm.
- Fordingbridge, 39 Salisbury Street, Fordingbridge SP6 1AB. Open: Mon. and Wed. 10am — 12.30pm.
COASTAL TOWNS CALL & GO
- Operating between New Milton, Lymington and the coastal villages on Tuesday and Friday mornings, for people, including wheel-chair users, who cannot use public transport either due to disability or living too far from a bus stop.
- This is a door to door minibus service to New Milton and Lymington high streets and supermarkets, allowing about 1½ hours shopping time. Not for medical or other appointments. A charge is made similar to bus fares and travel vouchers may be used. Call 08456 024326 between 9 and 12 weekdays for details.
COMMUNITY HEARING PROGRAMME
- Free drop-in sessions available Ringwood Meeting House, every Wednesday 10am — 12 noon. Free ear examinations, consultation with registered hearing aid audiologist, advice about hearing aids.
- A confidential counselling service for the local community. Help with stress, depression, relationships, bereavement, etc. For an appointment or details please ring 01590 674011.
COUNSELLING TOGETHER (NEW FOREST)
- We offer a safe, secure, confidential and professionally run counselling service for the community and local churches from various locations across the New Forest. We deal with many emotional issues such as low mood, anxiety, guilt, anger, addictions etc and relationships including couple/marriage conflicts. For a free, no obligation intial assessment telelphone 07983 320450. Registered Charity 1108406.
CREATIVE WAYS TO SUPPORT MENTAL HEALTH
- hArt, the Lymington based art therapy charity, is offering a weekly drop-in group for adults with mental health issues
Every Wednesday at Pennington WI Hall
- For more information call 01590 435045 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Reg. charity no. 1158996
CRUSE BEREAVEMENT CARE — NEW FOREST
- Offers free and confidential bereavement support by trained and experienced bereavement volunteers to residents of New Forest, West Southampton Waterside, Christchurch, Bournemouth & Poole.
- If you need help telephone 01202 302000 (answerphone checked daily) or email email@example.com. Website a www.newforestcruse.org.uk
- Support for diabetes sufferers and their families. Quarterly newsletter and information booklet available.
- Call 01604 622837 9am—5pm Monday — Friday, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
DORSET MACMILLAN ADVOCACY
- One to one help and support for people age 50 plus affected by cancer living in Dorset.
- Trained volunteers offer emotional support, practical help and empower you to make informed choices about treatment and care. Free and independent service funded by Macmillan Cancer Support. Call Help and Care (charity number 1055056) Telephone 0300 111 3303.
EMERGENCY DENTAL TREATMENT
- East Dorset area for unregistered patients, Canford Heath Clinic, The Neighbourhood Centre in Culliford Crescent, Canford Heath, Poole. Appointments only. Tuesday, 5.30pm — 7.30pm and Sunday and Bank Holiday mornings, 9.30am — 11.30am, limited appointments also available through Dorset Health Authority, 01202 893000.
- Emergency dental treatment out of hours: 08457 010401.
- Hampshire dental helpline 0845 0508345, Monday — Friday, 8.30am — 9.30am. Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays 8am — 9.30am.
- Family Lives has a free confidential telephone helpline on 0808 800 2222 Online advice, peer support and information on all aspects of family life at www.Familylives.org.uk Access to online parenting courses and Parent TV. Face to face support groups and workshops
- For further information about Family Lives in Hampshire contact 02380 557130.
- Meet 3rd Monday each month at 2pm at St Catherine’s community hall, Marlow Drive, Christchurch, BH23 2RR. Contact Marilyn Kellow 01425 274295.
- A registered charity providing therapeutic play and education for babies and young children with special needs. We are based in Ashley, New Milton but welcome children from all over the New Forest and East Dorset area. We have a skilled professional team of key-workers and provide 1-to-1 or 1-to-2 care, depending upon need.
- If you think that your child would benefit from joining our pre-school, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or phoning the group on 01425 629632. (Reg’d Charity No: 299671)
FOREST PREGNANCY COUNSELLING
- Free confidential service to all. Free pregnancy test with an immediate result. Caring and confidential help in pregnancy crisis, post abortion counselling, second hand baby equipment, someone to talk to following pregnancy loss.
- Telephone: Bournemouth 01202 566134, Southampton 023 8078 3134.
- Options Plus provides free one to one professional confidential counselling for anyone concerned with problem gambling. In partnership with Gamcare. Tel: 0845 600 0133.
HAMPSHIRE ATAXIA SUPPORT GROUP (part of ATAXIA UK)
- We meet regularly at Camellia’s restaurant, Everton Garden Centre (A337 between Lymington and New Milton) for chat, exchange of ideas and information. Social outings too! Details from co-ordinator – Jenny Rose 01590 645739.
- Helping Older People, New Forest offer an Information and Advice service for older people, their families, carers and friends. Free and completely confidential Mon, Weds, Thurs, Fri 10 – 2pm. Phone 01425 629009 (out of hours answerphone) or call in to 9 Mallard Buildings, Station Road, New Milton BH25 6HY (opposite Barclays Bank).
- Email: enquiries@hopenew forest.org Quality donations gratefully received for our lovely, friendly charity shop, address as above.
- “In case of emergency” campaign. Enter into your mobile phone contact numbers of family and friends you wish reached in case of illness or accident, enabling the emergency services to contact family etc.
- For more than one contact name enter Ice1, Ice2, Ice3 etc. Enter the numbers in your phone now and tell friends and family about the scheme.
INSULIN DEPENDENT DIABETES TRUST
- FREE booklets — ‘Diabetes Everyday Eating’ and menu plan and ‘Type 2 Diabetes — Management and Medication’. Wide variety of FREE information available. Contact IDDT, PO Box 294, Northampton NN1 4XS. Tel: 01604 622837 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
IT’S YOUR CHOICE
- It’s Your Choice – free, confidential information, advice, guidance, and counselling for New Forest young people aged 12-25. IYC offers help with issues including homelessness and housing, drug and alcohol misuse, sexual health, education, training, and employment, and mental health issues.
- Come along to a free drop-in session at locations in the New Forest or arrange an appointment. For more information call our free helpline on 0800 515 819 or main office on 023 8086 4231. Alternatively email email@example.com or go to our website: www.iyc.org.uk
- We are a national liver charity which provides support and education, as well as undertaking campaigns on behalf of people with a liver condition, to improve their care, their treatment and their health.
- We have a support group, LiverChat! (for anyone affected by an autoimmune liver condition e.g. AIH, PSC, PBC) We meet on the second Tuesday of the month at Castlepoint Library, Bournemouth, BAH 9UP (10.30am – 12.00pm) for tea/coffee and a chat. Please contact Anna firstname.lastname@example.org
- For further support please contact our Helpline: 0800 074 3494 (Monday to Friday 10am – 4pm) or email email@example.com (Reg’d Charity No. 1152618
- Anyone finding property can be listed at no charge in the A&T. Please ring 01425 613384.
LYMINGTON CARE GROUP
- A registered charity providing transport for people from Lymington and surrounding areas to attend medical appointments in the region, as far as Southampton, Bournemouth and Salisbury and all areas in between. Normal office hours are 10 am to 1 pm weekdays, Tel. 01590 679187.
- The office is closed on bank holidays and during the Christmas and New Year periods. Additional volunteer drivers and office staff are always welcome.
LYMINGTON CENTRE NEW RESIDENTS EVENING
- At the Lymington Centre, New Street, Lymington. SO41 9BQ. Every third Thursday of each month 2017 – 6.00pm – 8.00pm
- A chance to meet with the Manager and have a show round of the Centre to see the fantastic facilities available to all ages in the Community. Pre-school, Cinema and Theatre, Brockenhurst College Classes, Café, plus lots more.
LYMINGTON DEMENTIA ACTION GROUP
- Worried about dementia? Contact us we can point you to help & support. We are an active volunteer group who raises money to support people locally with dementia.
- We meet at Linden House at 6pm on the first Tuesday of each month. 07940 164 954 www.lymington.com/dementia
LYMINGTON MACULAR SOCIETY SUPPORT GROUP
- This group meets the first Thursday of each month in the Community Association in New Street at 2.00pm. For more details and a programme of events, please contact Keith or Tina on 01590 645176.
- Serving Lyndhurst and the surrounding villages, we provide transport to medical appointments, local shopping and community events for anyone needing this help.
- We can also shop for clients, collect prescriptions etc, or visit at a client’s request. Phone 0845 0945 818 and leave a message on the Voicemail with your name, phone no, and your request.
- Please allow two working days before appointments (if possible). Voluntary drivers, a coordinator and a publicity assistant needed – just leave a message and we’ll get back to you.
MARTIME VOLUNTEER SERVICE (www.mvs.org.uk)
- Lymington Unit currently meets every Thursday evening at the Keyhaven Yacht Club, Milford.
- It provides skilled support to maritime organisations/events and practical support in emergency situations. e.g. flooding. It’s committed to the protection and preservation of life and property within the marine environment.
- Members access high quality training and complete shore patrols. Have you an interest in maritime affairs and want an interesting, rewarding and challenging spare time activity? Contact Tony 07879 403541 or Steve 07724 544029.
- Mindfulness / Meditation monthly group, Everton. First Wednesday of every month 8pm.
- www.meditationcircle.co.uk Tim 01590 642110. One to one sessions available.
MILFORD-ON-SEA CARE GROUP
- The Group aims to assist those who live in Milford, Everton, Keyhaven and Downton. Transport can be arranged to all medical facilities, including hospitals, surgeries, dentists, opticians, etc.
- To get assistance, or to offer yourself as a volunteer driver or office helper, ring 01590 641700 office hours Mon-Fri 9.00—11.00am. 2.00—4.00pm.
MOVING FORWARD STROKE SUPPORT GROUP @ MILFORD ON SEA
- Your new local stroke support group meets on Tuesday mornings at Milford-on-Sea Community Centre. Come along for a warm welcome and meet other people affected by stroke, practice your communication skills, share your experiences and tips for dealing with stroke, as well as enjoying a range of activities. Contact us on 01425 275139.
- As a Stroke Association voluntary led group we ask for a small contribution, each week, to cover room hire & refreshments. If you’d like to be help the group as a volunteer or with fundraising. We’d be very happy to hear from you too.
MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS SOCIETY
- The Lymington and District Branch. Details of meetings and other activities, including Pilates and physio sessions, are available on our website www.mssociety.org.uk/lymington or via our chairman, Sue Niekirk on 023 8028 2138.
NEIGHBOURCARE NEW MILTON
- Provides medically-related transport to hospitals, clinics, surgeries, etc, for the elderly and infirm who cannot access other forms of transport, also shopping assistance. Very affordable rates.
- 01425 611662 Myrtle Cottage, Southern Lane, Barton, BH25 7JE, 9.30am to 12.30pm Monday to Friday.
NEW FOREST ANIMAL EMERGENCY HOTLINES
- In the event of a road traffic accident involving a pony, cow, donkey, pig, sheep, dog or deer please contact the police (24hrs) – 999 (emergency). 101 (non emergency) It is the law to report all accidents as soon as possible and within 24 hours.
- Sick, injured or distressed pony, cow, donkey, pig or sheep should be reported to the Verderers’ office – 023 8028 2052 (Mon-Fri 9.00am-5.00pm).
- Sick, injured or distressed pony, cow, donkey, pig, sheep or deer should be reported to the Forestry Commission – 0300 067 4600 (24hours).
- A credit card sized ‘Emergency card’ can be supplied for your car glove compartment by telephoning 01590 646 600 or via e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW FOREST BIKE PROJECT CIC
- A social enterprise that recycles and relocates bicycles in the local community. Unwanted bikes and parts welcome, donations to: NFBP, C/O AR Plant, Burnt House Lane, Bransgore BH23 8AL Mon-Fri, local collection possible.
- Affordable refurbished bikes and servicing available with subsidies for local residents on benefits, students & pensioners.
- See www.newforestbikeproject.org T: 07818 403114 E: email@example.com Facebook/Twitter @newforestbike
NEW FOREST BREAST CANCER SUPPORT GROUP
- We are a friendly bunch who have been through breast cancer. We have set up a support group to help you through the shock of diagnosis and the maze of different treatments at any stage of breast cancer. We will be meeting at the Coates Centre, Lower Pennington Lane, Lymington. Do come and join us for coffee and chat. We also plan to have speakers in the future on relevant topics.
For more information telephone 01590 677198 or go to www.thecoatescentre.co.uk
NEW FOREST CARERS FRIENDS
- We offer support to carers and arrange meetings,carers cafes, outings, relaxation days and special events for carers in the New Forest. For more information contact Vicky at The Carers Room, Fenwick2, Pikes Hill, Lyndhurst SO43 7NG. Tel:023 8028 6342 or e.mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW FOREST DISABILITY INFORMATION SERVICE
- A charity offering free, confidential, disability related information, advice and guidance to disabled people, their families, carers and professionals throughout the New Forest.
- Helpline 01425 628750; and Head Office at 6 Osborne Road, New Milton BH25 6AD.
- Open Monday to Friday 10am – 5pm except Wednesday 10am – 1pm. Outreach services every Wednesday 12noon – 4pm at The Grove, St. John’s Street, Hythe, Lymington New Forest Hospital afternoons; monthly outreach at numerous locations – see coming events. email: email@example.com website: www.newforestdis.org.uk.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org website: www.newforestdis.org.uk
NEW FOREST HOSPITAL RADIO (NFHR)
Registered charity run entirely by volunteers, based at New Forest Hospital, broadcasting to patients in the hospital and to local care homes. Our request show goes out every evening from 7pm-9pm and is repeated the following day at lunchtime 12-2pm. Music request for patients or messages can be left on 01590 663366 or at email@example.com
You can listen to us online at www.nfhradio.org.uk or follow us on Facebook. New volunteers welcome.
NEW FOREST MEDIATION
- Problem with neighbours? Needing free confidential help resolving conflicts about noise, children, parking, rubbish, animals, boundaries and other problems?
- Contact Sarah Dodd Co-ordinator 023 8071 0101.
NEW FOREST MENCAP
- New Forest Mencap a local charity which runs three social clubs for young adults with learning disabilities in New Milton and Brockenhurst. In addition we run the New Forest Gateway Awards based on the D.O.E. award scheme.
- The Gateway Awards are tailored for people with learning disabilities, they enable our members to develop new skills, make new friends, and increase their confidence and to get more out of life.
- How you can help: We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join us. Do you have a particular flair for fundraising? Or could you help us to keep our accounts up to date? Or are you a Social Media Guru? Could you help as a Trustee? Even if you only have an hour or so to spare each month, your contribution would be invaluable.
- For a volunteer information pack call 01425 621893 or visit www.newforestmencap.org.uk
NEW FOREST TINNITUS SUPPORT GROUP
- Tinnitus is ‘ringing in the ear’. There is no cure, but we can help you cope. Many of our members speak of regaining their zest for life.
- The group now meets on the second Thursday of each month 2.30pm — 4pm in Lyndhurst Community Centre, main car park, off the High Street.
- We aim to provide access to information, expert advice and peer support for tinnitus sufferers. Contact Jan 07894 701665 for more information at www.newforesttinnitus.org.uk
NEW MILTON CARERS SUPPORT GROUP
- Do you care for a spouse, child, parent or friend? The group offers support and friendship. Meetings on 2nd Monday monthly. Info. 01425 614714 / 623456.
NEW MILTON COMMUNITY CENTRE
- Visit the Centre on Osborne Road for refreshments and convivial chat with friends. Lots of activities to suit everyone. Open six days a week. £8 annual joining fee. Pop in for details.
NEW MILTON & DISTRICT PROBUS CLUB
- New Milton and District Probus Club welcomes new members and is an opportunity for retired business and professional men to meet socially to enjoy fellowship.
We meet for lunch South Lawn Hotel, Milford on the third Thursday of each month.
- Throughout the year the Club organises social events and trips for members and partners.
- For further information please contact the secretary Mike Crook, via email – firstname.lastname@example.org – or telephone:- 01425 617772. Our website address is www.newmiltonprobus.co.uk
NEW MILTON MACULAR SUPPORT GROUP
- This local support group normally meets monthly at the Community Association in Osborne Road, New Milton. For our programme and further details please ring Malcolm Swan on 01425 618925.
NEW MILTON STROKE GROUP
- Have you suffered a stroke?. Do you feel isolated?. Do you care for a sufferer?. We meet on Thursdays from 10.30am – 3.00pm.
- For more information telephone 01425 614 939
NEW MILTON TALKING NEWSPAPER
- Provides the blind and partially sighted with free weekly recording of news and information from local papers including the A & T. Recordings are on memory stick and an easy to use and inexpensive player is available.
- For further details contact Adam Singfield 01425 616361.
OPEN SIGHT (Hants Assoc. for Care of Blind)
- Supporting local people with sight loss. For further details contact 023 8064 1244
OPTIONS GENERAL COUNSELLING
- Our professionally trained counsellors provide support for a number of issues including: Loss, anxiety, stress, self-esteem, confidence, redundancy and problems at work. Tel; 0800 0184 309.
- New Forest Branch of Parkinson’s UK meets on the third Thursday of each month at Boldre War Memorial Hall, Pilley Street, Pilley So41 5QG from 2pm to 4.30pm. Support and information is available to people with Parkinson’s, their carers, families and friends. Contact the Chairman on 01425 638224.
- Come along and join us every Tuesday at 10.30am, for gentle, mainly chair-based exercise routines tailored to your abilities, alone, or with your carer. Join in with the fun and friendly banter as we stretch those unused muscles. Boldre War Memorial Hall, Pilley. Coffee and biscuits after.
- Contact Roni 01590 670636.
- Non urgent calls to phone 101 or in an emergency only, 999.
REGISTRATION OFFICES OPENING TIMES
- Hampshire Registration Service, for information and to make an appointment call 0845 603 5637, Monday-Friday, 8.00am — 8.00pm. Saturday 9.30am — 4.00pm or visit www.hants.gov.uk/registration
- The Society for the Prevention of Solvent and Volatile Substance Abuse has a freephone national helpline 01785 810762, available Monday-Friday, 9 am –– 5 pm (excluding public holidays) offering information and support. H.O. 01785 817885. www.re-solv.org
The Royal Naval Association for Christchurch & District
- An organisation that provides companionship and welfare advice and support for members who are veterans or serving personnel of sea-going services and their families. Meetings are held on the 3rd Thursday of the monthat Portfield Hall, Portfield Rd, Christchurch at 11.15am. Other events and outings are arranged.
- Further information may be had from Christine Payne, Hon. Secretary: tel: 01202 474819 or email@example.com
- We are available 24 hours of every day to listen and share the problems of those in crisis and distress in total confidence. You are also welcome to visit any of our Branches between 9am and 9pm. Freephone 116123.
- Silverlinks helps older people in the Lymington area to get back into the swing of things as part of a caring community. We provide free home visits to discuss any specific worry or anxiety affecting their health or preventing them from enjoying life to the full.
- Our trained volunteers talk through their problems, suggesting possible solutions, which Silverlinks helps to arrange if required, enabling them to feel better, healthier and more in control of their lives.
- Problems covered can include (for example) lack of social contact, low income, utility bills, housing issues, using computers, form filling, accessing GPs, dentists and hospitals or just talking things through. 07825 168364 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Esther Rantzen’s new free telephone help line for older people. Call any time day or night 24/7 just to chat and hear a friendly voice. Totally confidential call 0800 470 8090.
- Supporting bereaved children and their families, monthly support groups held.
- For more information, advice or support please contact Suite 3, Chatmohr Estate Office Village, Crawley Hill, West Wellow, SO51 6AP. Office: 08453 055 744. Helpline:023 8064 7550. www.simonsays.org.uk
SOLENT NHS TRUST
- Out of hours service (Monday-Friday 6.30pm — 8am and all weekends and bank holidays) 0300 300 2012. For urgent medical problems when your GP surgery is closed.ssafa Forces Help,
New Forest Division.
- Acting as friendly advisors SSAFA Forces Help looks after the welfare of Service and ex-Service people and their families whatever the problem. Advice is given on practical and financial assistance available from statutory sources as well as Service, Regimental and other funds. This applies to anyone who has served a min. of 24 hrs in any of the armed services. Local Contact:
- Mr Paul Finlay Divisional Secretary SSAFA New Forest 07713 029421.
- All consumer complaints for both Bournemouth and Hampshire residents need to be reported to the Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 08454 040506.
- www.citizensadvice.org.uk/index/getadvice/consumerservices.htm For business advice Bournemouth office 01202 451551, Hampshire office 01962 833620.
- New Forest, Totton and Romsey Victim Support helpline for victims of crime, 023 8064 5578.
WATERSIDE CANCER SUPPORT CENTRE
- A free non-clinical drop in centre for the benefit of anyone and their family affected by cancer, living in the Waterside, New Forest, Totton and surrounding areas.
- Based at; The Grove, 25 St Johns Street, Hythe SO45 6BZ. Tel: 02381 780 409 email: email@example.com Opening hours; Mon-Fri 10-4pm.
- We can offer a chance to “Step off the world” for a while, a chance to let go and chat to one of our well trained volunteers, a chance to experience one of the complementary therapies on offer or a chance to speak to someone in a more professional setting of a counselling session. All these are offered free of charge.
WESSEX TRIGEMINAL NEURALGIA SUPPORT GROUP
- This group meets four times a year at Southampton General Hospital. Its aims are to help and support sufferers and carers alike in what can be a very disabling and excruciatingly painful complaint. To provide information, and to enable sufferers and carers to be able to communicate with each other, and to help them to realise they are not alone. For further information please ring David on 01425 616990. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
WEST HANTS WILTS AND DORSET IA
- We are part of a nationwide organisation (www.iasupport.org) which offers support, advice and information, to people who have had, or about to undergo surgery to remove the Colon and the creation of an Ileostomy.
- The group is run by people who have had this operation and are able to empathise with anyone in this position. Our email address:- email@example.com