Current vacancies at The Advertiser & Times Ltd
NEWSPAPER SALES MANAGER
The Advertiser & Times Ltd is a family-owned publishing company that produces and prints the hugely popular local community newspaper titles the Lymington Times & New Milton Advertiser. Owned and run by three generations of the Curry family, the successful business remains one of the few remaining independent newspapers in the UK.
The position is for a high-energy, very organised individual who has computer skills and the ability to multi-task. The successful candidate will have sales experience and preferably have experience in a previous publishing or distribution role.
This role will require a good understanding of the local market demographics, a proven track record in managing multiple projects at one time, a working knowledge of effective promotional marketing or sales experience, and the ability to contribute to the development of the A&T brands through broad and creative thinking.
Flexible hours to suit right candidate.
- Compare circulation to projected budgets.
- Maintain professional client relationships over the phone and in person.
- Co-ordinate a plan of activity including promotions
- Billing, outdoor events, free copy distribution, sampling
- Experience using Excel spreadsheets and other Microsoft office programs in a business environment
- Proficient computer skills necessary to master the circulation computer systems
- Demonstrated ability to work quickly and accurately, completing work within deadlines
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Must be a problem solver and self-starter
- Must be organised and have good time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and overcome distractions
- A valid driver’s licence and reliable transportation are necessary
- Occasional weekend work may be required to attend local shows and festivals
- Handle all paperwork dealing with the circulation department
- Compile reports dealing with circulation and meet deadlines for those reports
- Work with general manager to implement annual circulation growth plans
- Work on sales promotions and coordinate promotions with general manager, studio and advertisement sales team
- Handle customer issues in a timely and professional manner
Please send or email your CV with a covering letter to Marianne Gregory
Advertiser & Times, 66 Old Milton Road, New Milton, Hampshire BH25 6DX
Closing date: Friday 21st July
The Advertiser and Times Ltd is a family-owned publishing company that produces and prints the hugely popular local community newspaper titles The Lymington Times and New Milton Advertiser. Owned and run by 3 generations of the Curry family, the successful publishing business remains one of the few remaining independent newspaper publishers in the UK.
Our family of employees work in a wide variety of enjoyable and rewarding roles including journalism, advertising sales, production, graphic design, printing, and accounts.
As vacancies arise we will post them on this page. In the meantime, we are always interested in hearing from potential candidates. If you have an interest in the publishing industry and can offer a genuine passion for information sharing within the local community, delivered with integrity and honesty, email us with your CV and a covering letter.
Journalism roles: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other roles: email@example.com